Amanita muscaria. Fly Agaric. Fairytale toadstool. Whatever you call this mushroom, it's instantly recognizable thanks to its white-spotted red cap and quintessential storybook image. But, is smoking this shroom possible?
People have been using Amanita muscaria for centuries — and smoking it too. The spiritual practice dates back to the Sámi tribes in the far north, who utilized this very mushroom for shaman rituals.
But we'll look into whether you can smoke Fly Agaric in more detail, alongside the effects of smoking it and other ways to ingest it right here.
Can You Smoke Fly Agaric?
By now, you've probably gathered that, yes, you can smoke Amanita muscaria. And the best part is that you can buy pre-rolled and prepared shroom joints from trusted stores like ours. That way, you don't have to worry about drying the mushroom or rolling the joint (it's an art, after all).
The Fly Agaric joint from our store contains one gram of THC-free hemp flower infused with 60mg of Amanita muscaria mushroom powder.
As we're sure you can understand, it smells like wild mushrooms. But don't let that put you off! The fast-acting, strong effects make up for the somewhat unpleasant earthy fragrance.
But Don't People Say You Can't Smoke Mushrooms?
When people say you can't smoke mushrooms, they're talking about psychedelic varieties. In other words, shrooms that contain psilocybin or psilocin — also known as magic mushrooms.
Technically, you can still smoke these. However, you won't necessarily get the hallucinogenic effects you're expecting.
Avid fans of shrooms say you'll either get a mild high or no effects at all from smoking magic mushrooms. And while there is little to no research on this, it may come down to temperature.
Psilocybin (i.e., the compound that puts the "magic" in these psychedelic mushrooms) breaks down at higher temperatures. Therefore, smoking shrooms effectively kills the main ingredient responsible for your trip.
However, that doesn't happen when you smoke Amanita muscaria. Why? Because it doesn't contain psilocybin or psilocin. Instead, the active ingredients are ibotenic acid and muscimol, which don't break down at higher temperatures.
The Effects of Smoking Amanita Muscaria
If you've read our other articles on Amanita muscaria, you'll know we always say this (but it's for a good reason, we promise) — everybody reacts differently to Fly Agaric, depending on their genetic makeup and dosage.
Nobody fully knows how they will feel after smoking or ingesting the mushroom until they try it. However, there are a few common effects that various Amanita muscaria smokers say they experience, including:
- Mood enhancement — Most people experience a pleasant lift in their mood after smoking the mushroom. You may feel happy, joyful, chatty, or elated. However, some people feel a mild or intense calmness and peacefulness wash over them. Either way, it's a delightful feeling.
- Pain relief — Alongside the mood enhancement, you might feel any physical pain wash away. Fly Agaric suppresses negative sensations like aches and replaces them with muscle relaxation, physical euphoria, and sedative-like effects.
- Physical euphoria — It's described as feelings of comfort and pleasure inside and across your body. Some sources state the feeling is comparable to the endorphin rushes you feel during periods of love or excitement. Think fresh sheet night and times it by ten!
- Increased music appreciation — This is characterized by a general sense of increased enjoyment of the music you're listening to. Most shroom smokers prefer using Amanita muscaria when listening to music as the songs have a more profound impact, and they become hyper-aware of every beat and instrument.
What Other Ways Can You Ingest Amanita Muscaria?
Smoking this fairytale mushroom isn't the only way to ingest it. In fact, eating or drinking is the most common way to experience the full effects.
You'll find the top three ways avid shroom fans like to ingest Amanita muscaria below:
#1 Make a Nice Brew
Making mushroom tea is one of the most popular ways to enjoy Fly Agaric. And it's easier to make than you think. All you need to do is follow the ten steps below:
- Grind a properly strained and dosed Amanita muscaria cap in a clean grinder. It's reportedly better to grind the mushroom about half an hour beforehand, so the powder doesn't blow away when you open the grinder.
- Grab two decaffeinated herbal tea bags.
- Chop ginger, lavender, or mint.
- Boil water in a saucepan or teapot.
- Reduce to low heat.
- Add the mushrooms and other ingredients.
- Simmer for 15 minutes to half an hour.
- Strain into a cup.
- Sweeten with honey if desired.
- Sip and enjoy.
#2 Eat a Cookie
Some experienced Amanita muscaria users bake their own cookies. However, you can purchase pre-baked cookies from us to make it easier.
Our Amanita Muscaria is vegan and nut, gluten, and dairy free. It has one gram of Fly Agaric and is professionally finished with decorative fondant.
Not only will this give you a pleasant experience, but it tastes amazing too!
#3 Take a Capsule
Perhaps the easiest way to take Amanita muscaria is with capsules. The vegan capsules are lab-tested for potency, safety, and legality, and contain 500mg of muscimol (i.e., the mushroom's active ingredient), dissolving quickly for fast effects.
Whether You Smoke It, Eat It, or Drink It, Only Purchase Fly Agaric from Lab-Tested, Trusted Sources!
Regardless of how you choose to take Amanita muscaria, make sure you purchase it from reliable sources to ensure potency and safety reliability.